Leeana Peters joined the Brusko lab as a first-year undergraduate student and received a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Fellowship for the 2015-2016 academic year to investigate the CD226/TIGIT axis in regulatory T cells and potential cellular therapy applications. She is currently a first year PhD student interested in elucidating the role of T1D candidate genes such as PTPN22 and CD226 in disease progression, as well as utilizing bioinformatic approaches to identify novel cell subsets and biomarkers for T1D.
- L.D. Peters. A.L. Posgai. T.M. Brusko. June 2020. 1663-P: Gene Editing of the Human T-Cell Receptor Locus Enables Optimized In Vitro Testing of Autoreactive T-Cell Function in Type 1 Diabetes. American Diabetes Association. (69). https://doi.org/10.2337/db20-1663-P. Poster Presentation.
- Dean, Joseph W; Peters, Leeana D; Fuhrman, Christopher A; Seay, Howard R; Posgai, Amanda L; Stimpson, Scott E; Brusko, Maigan A; Perry, Daniel J; Yeh, Wen-I; Newby, Brittney N; Haller, Michael J; Muir, Andrew B; Atkinson, Mark A; Mathews, Clayton E; Brusko, Todd M. (2020) Innate inflammation drives NK cell activation to impair Treg activity. Journal of autoimmunity. 108 :102417
- Motwani, K., Peters, L. D., Vliegen, W. H., El-Sayed, A. G., Seay, H. R., Lopez, M. C., … Brusko, T. M. (2020). Human Regulatory T Cells From Umbilical Cord Blood Display Increased Repertoire Diversity and Lineage Stability Relative to Adult Peripheral Blood. Frontiers in Immunology, 11. DOI: 10.3389/fimmu.2020.00611
- L. Peters, A. Posgai, T. M. Brusko. (2019). Islet–immune interactions in type 1 diabetes: the nexus of beta cell destruction. Clinical & Experimental Immunology. 198(3). https://doi.org/10.1111/cei.13349
- Seay HR, Putnam AL, Cserny J, Posgai AL, Rosenau EH, Wingard JR, Girard KF, Kraus M, Lares AP, Brown HL, Brown KS, Balavage KT, Peters LD, Bushdorf AN, Atkinson MA, Bluestone JA, Haller MJ, Brusko TM. Expansion of Human Tregs from Cryopreserved Umbilical Cord Blood for GMP-Compliant Autologous Adoptive Cell Transfer Therapy. Mol Ther Methods Clin Dev. 2016 Dec 24;4:178-191. doi: 10.1016/j.omtm.2016.12.003. eCollection 2017 Mar 17. PubMed PMID: 28345003; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5363324